Download this as a PDF document. Includes maps.
Zone A: METROPOLITAN WATERS
- Port Gawler southward to Moana Beach within 500 metres of the low water mark.
When accompanied by a Power Boat equipped as a Safety Boat Class 1, the limit for boats can be extended to 2 km from the low water mark.
- Port Adelaide River but not seaward of the Outer Harbor Signal Station.
- Inland waters within 150 km of Adelaide, excluding the River Murray and Lake Alexandria, Lake Albert and the Coorong.
Zone B: MURRAY RIVER
- Murray River system from the S.A. border to the Wellington Ferry, including Lake Bonney.
- Murray River from 500m West of the Murray River Mouth ( S35° 33' E138° 52.5' ) to no further than eastern end of Rat Island ( S35° 31.134' E138° 57.828' ).
Zone C: LAKES ALEXANDRINA AND ALBERT
- From the Wellington Ferry south to Zone B and Zone D.
A Power Boat equipped as a Safety Boat Class 1 must accompany this activity.
Zone D: COORONG CHANNEL
- From Beacon 19 Boat Ramp ( S35° 31.8' E138° 49.6' ) easterly within the bounds of the Younghusband Peninsular and the barrages, including the Mundoo Channel.
All boats must remain within 25m of Hindmarsh Island while crossing the River Murray mouth.
A power boat equipped as a Safety Boat Class 1 is required when crossing the Murray River Mouth.
Zone E: SOUTH EAST
- All inland waters of South Australia
- River Murray
- Within 100 metres of all weirs and drains
- Lake Bonney ( South East )
- Lake George
- All runaway holes
- Glenelg River
Zone F: PORT LINCOLN
- An area bounded by a line drawn from North Shields to Boston Island and from Boston Island to Cape Donnington.
- Coffin Bay within the boundaries of The Brothers.
Zone G: PORT PIRIE
- From Port Broughton to Whyalla within 100 metres of the shore.
- Inland waters within 100 kilometres of Port Augusta.
- Germain Bay South from Port Germain to Mangrove Point including the waters of the Port Pirie Estuary to a distance of not more than 500 metres offshore subject to favourable weather conditions.
- Port Augusta North from Yatala Harbor to the Port Augusta Bridge, including the whole of Yatala Harbor subject to favourable weather conditions.
Zone H: ROBE AREA
- Coastal waters within 50 km radius of Robe within 100 metres of the shore.
- Inland waters within 100 km of Robe.
Zone I: WHYALLA
Advice relative to safe waters can be obtained from the Branch Commissioner Boating
Zone J: VICTOR HARBOR AREA
Encounter Bay within a line drawn from The Bluff to Pullen Island.
Zone K: YORKE PENINSULA
Subject to suitable on shore weather conditions the whole of the Yorke Peninsula coastline to within 500 metres off shore with the following exclusions where boating is totally prohibited.
- Mangrove Point to Price.
- Wool Bay to Giles Point.
- Sultana Point to Point Gilbert.
- Point Yorke to Marion Bay.
- Penguin Point to Gym Beach.
- Formby Bay to Gleesons Landing.
- Point Turton.
- Port Rickaby.
- The West Side of Wardang Island.
- Reef Point.
- From Point Riley to Port Broughton.
Zone L: KANGAROO ISLAND
Inland waters only.
Zone X: SPECIAL ZONES
Special Zones will be noted on Charge Certificate
Zone Z: FOR CHARGE CERTIFICATE INSTRUCTORS
For the purpose of instructing and examining Charge Certificates in all zones.
Issued by Branch Commissioner Boating 26 June 2015